Any company can claim to offer safe turf products. However, when it comes to proven safety for your children and athletes, there is only one company that stands beyond all – FieldTurf.
FieldTurf offers the safest artificial turf system available today.
While no sport can ever be completely injury-free, we continue to find new ways to reduce the risk and severity of injuries. Our focus on safety has led to numerous injury-reducing innovations and improvements. As a result, we have the products and experience to help you provide the safest playing field possible for your athletes.
The findings of a long-term testing program show that FieldTurf is safer than any other synthetic turf system and equal to – if not better than – natural grass in most critical areas of player safety.
An independent, three-year study of competitive college football showed that when compared to natural grass the FieldTurf system leads to:
|74% Fewer Muscle Tears||12% Fewer Concussions|
|40% Lower ACL Trauma||10% Less Injury From Shoe Surface Interaction during Contact|
|31% Fewer Ligament Tears||8% Less Injury From Shoe Surface Interaction during Non-Contact|
|20% Fewer Severe Injuries||7% Fewer Total Injuries|
|19% Fewer Substantial Injuries|
An independent, five-year safety study of competitive high school football showed that when compared to natural grass the FieldTurf system leads to:
- 55% Fewer Neural Injuries
- 47% Fewer Cranial / Cervical Injuries
- 38% Fewer 3rd Degree Injuries
- 45% Less Time Lost to Long-Term Injuries (Lasting 22+ Days)
- 35% Less Time Lost to Short-Term Injuries (Lasting 1-2 Days)
A Woman's Collegiate Soccer Study concluded less severe and total injuries occurred on FieldTurf compared to Natural Grass.
In regards to incidence of injury:
- 22% Fewer Total Injuries
- 7% Fewer Substantial Injuries
- 2% Fewer Severe Injuries
In regards to head and knee trauma:
- 12% Fewer Concussions
- 18% Lower ACL and Associated Tissue Trauma Combined
You can read the full study Here
Other Safety Tests:
A three-year study of competitive high school football found that as the artificial infill surface weight decreased, the incidence of game-related high school football trauma significantly increased across numerous playing conditions.
Some of the key differences found are as follows (p/sq.ft = pounds per square foot):
Concussions Injuries Combined
• 15.7% lower incidence of injury between FieldTurf >9 p/sq.ft and 3-5.9 p/sq.ft of infill weight
• 13.4% lower incidence of injury between FieldTurf >9 p/sq.ft and 3-5.9 p/sq.ft of infill weight
• 13.3% lower incidence of injury between FieldTurf >9 p/sq.ft and 3-5.9 p/sq.ft of infill weight
See the full study Here.
Find a Representative
FieldTurf is based in the U.S. with offices that span six continents. Find a trusted representative near you.
Request More Information
We have already installed over 15,000 successful projects. How can we help you?